Re: cancel command

From: Peter Finlayson (frnknstn@iafrica.com)
Date: 06/21/02

Based on the princple that if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing, I
changed my mud's code so that whenever a '~' character is input, it
dumps the input buffer, and if a '`' is read, it moves all of the
current command to the top of the processing queue.

An example of the '`':
> cast 'lightning bolt' drake     - 1st command
> cast 'lightning bolt' drake       - 2nd, still lagging from 1st
> cast 'fireball' drake             - 3rd, not even close

YOU ARE LOW ON HITPOINTS!
> `cast 'heal'

You feel much better!
Your Lightning bolt hits Drake!
Your Lightning bolt hits Drake!
Your Fireball hits Drake!

---

Anyway, unfortunately I have no experience with diff tools, so I have
simply uploaded my entire new process_input procedure:

http://users.iafrica.com/r/ro/rogerfin/process_input.txt

If you would prefer, I could try to describe the changes I made.

Peter Finlayson
frnknstn@iafrica.com