Re: Zones and rooms

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 06/27/02

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Mythran wrote:

> [...]

You have to be careful how you figure out what the zone number is though.
If you're checking for "can this person edit this room", you want to check
whether the room falls within the range of the zone they're allowed to
edit.  Don't check whether the room they're in belongs to the zone they can
edit.  The distinction is subtle, but there's only one "room->zone" for all
zones that it could belong to.  The "room->zone" is assigned 'greedily' in
db.c, that is the zone only increments when loading a room that cannot
exist in the current zone.  So zones of 1-8 and 2-4 will result in ->zone
being the same for all 8 rooms.  To do otherwise would cause a lot more
code changes...

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org