Re: [newbie] [dg scripts] foolish errors and some notes

From: The Fungi (fungi@yuggoth.org)
Date: 06/29/02

On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 11:03:34AM -0700, Mathew Earle Reuther wrote:
> Yes, I figured out the difference while I was poking around more.  It
> occurred to me that it only makes sense if you're getting dynamic
> information in the string.  So anywhere that is buffered would seem to be
> the places which need the "%s", added in to send_to_char(). :)
[snip]

And after looking through the headers I determined I had not only
send_to_char() but also write_to_output() and mudlog() calls that
needed "%s" so I fixed those too.

> Let me know if you come up with anything new.

Yeah, I think my crashing and garbage problems are fixed now. I've
updated the patches to last night's CVS snapshot and uploaded them
if you want to take a look:

   http://www.yuggoth.org/pub/games/src/circlemud-cvs/

I think I've still got some output issues with the triggers
somewhere because I'm not getting text when they fire whereas I was
before I fixed the trigedit-related crashes. Maybe I swapped out
actor/victim descriptors in one of the send_to_char functions. If
you have a pristine with triggers that fire, upload it and I'll diff
it against mine to see what's changed.  Otherwise I'll just begin
checking the suspect functions until I track it down.
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); PGP(9E8DFF2E4F5995F8FEADDC5829ABF7441FB84657);
SMTP(fungi@yuggoth.org); IRC(fungi@irc.yuggoth.org#ccl); ICQ(114362511);