AI implementations

From: Zach (mordochbob@attbi.com)
Date: 06/30/02

I was going through my old code archives recently, and turned up some old CircleMUD code.  After looking through it again, it struck me that this could be a fairly interesting testbed for intelligent agent behavior.  The stock code is fairly simple, however, and to the best of my recollection the largest improvement someone has made to it was to graft the "Eliza" chatter bot onto some NPC's.  Have there been any significant efforts to have intelligent NPCs on a MUD that I'm unaware of, or is anyone in the process of coding something interesting?