Re: Windows / Linux Based Installs

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 07/01/02

On Mon, 1 Jul 2002, Mythran wrote:

>Instead of using gzip and zip for distributions, isn't it about time for
>us to write a setup package?  One that completely sets up a stock
>circleMUD?  Maybe even have it save the entire planet of Earth and it's
>surrounding moon?

All the world is not Windows.

>Just an idea, I have some scripts I have found (INNO and a few others)
>that make excellent installshield setup wizards.  I can make one and post
>it if anyone needs such a horrific thing.

Since the CircleMUD developers don't develop on Windows, we'll likely never
officially support it.  A few people have been contributing packaged
versions with an installer.  I'm always a little leery of putting them on
the FTP site since I can't feasibly test them.

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org