Re: Circle Start At Boot

From: Thomas Arp (t_arp@stofanet.dk)
Date: 07/05/02

From: "Mythran" <kip_potter@HOTMAIL.COM>

> Anyone have their mud start at boot?  I would like my mud to
> start at the boot of the server.  Using one of the account
> names (not root), how would I go about doing this?
>
> Oh yeah, RedHat Linux 7.2.
>
> Thanks....I am about half-way done with the class section
> of coding.doc :)  Lot of work and typing heh.

http://www.circlemud.org/cdp/faq/FAQ-4.html#ss4.18

"In /etc/rc.d/rc.local find where things like sendmail
 and (maybe) gpm are started. Add something like:

cd /home/mudlogin/circlebpl12/
su mudlogin -c ./autorun&
cd

Of course, change the "mudlogin" to whatever the name of
the account is that normally has control of the mud,
and change the path in the first cd to whereever the mud
is run from.
For more info: man su "

Welcor