Nanny, moving back one con state?

From: Mathew Earle Reuther (graymere@zipcon.net)
Date: 07/12/02

I'd like to go ahead and allow myself the opportunity to move from one con
state back to the previous one.  Particularly for folks to move backwards
out of race to sex, and out of class back to race.  I'm having trouble
getting this to happen as parse_race and parse_class require returning a
value.

I've tried a number of different things to return something which will
then trigger nanny to backup one con state, all to no avail.  I THINK that
maybe I've got a way to do it, but it's so ugly I'm sure there's a better
way.  I was thinking of defining a CLASS_BACKUP and RACE_BACKUP in structs
then having the parse look for those and send back one con state, yet this
seems so so hackish and I can sense problems with having classes and races
which I don't REALLY want playing even in existance (with the exception of
CLASS/RACE_UNDEFINED of course) . . .

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to handle this in an elegant
(read, something my newbie mind has yet to figure out) manner?  It SHOULD
be fairly simple I would think, but I've been pounding my head against a
wall here to no avail.

-Mathew