Re: GET_OBJ_PERM problem

From: Thomas Larcombe (raucous@DIM.COM)
Date: 07/18/02

The problem ended up being that while the GET_OBJ_PERM had been used with
sprintascii in genobj.c it was not used as ascii in db.c, two solutions
presented, one was to change everything to the ascii value, tried that
first and had more problems so I had to take a step backwards which did
work. If anyone else has this problem they can fix it by simply going
into genobj.c and changing three lines. Those changes are to remove the
'sprintascii(arg, GET_OBJ_PERM(obj));' line
alter the line a couple lines below the sprintascii lines, it reads
'"%d %s %s %s\n"' change the last %s to a %ld
finally below that where it reads 'GET_OBJ_TYPE(obj), buf1, buf2, arg'
change 'arg' to read 'GET_OBJ_PERM(obj)'
This is all it took to get my perm flags working again. Note to the wary,
if you are using bpl21 with oasis2.0.1, check your perm flags and be
sure that they work. I was using the circle30bpl21 with saveall and
oasisolc2.0.1 straight from the ftp site and I think if you have that
set you'll have this problem.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, the two of you who answered
me.
Tom...