Re: New CircleMUD Code In Different Languages

From: Daniel A. Koepke (dkoepke@circlemud.org)
Date: 07/25/02

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002, Mythran wrote:

> So, who is to say what the new language (if any) will be for CircleMUD?

No-one because no-one knows.

No decisisons about CircleMUD 4 (the earliest a language change can be
considered) have been made, yet.  Last time it was discussed, we were
leaning towards C++.  But that doesn't mean it will happen.

Whatever the eventual decision is, when we make it, we won't keep it
secret.  I suspect that regardless of what language is chosen (and for
what reasons) people will disagree and a great debate will crackle and
roar on the verge of becoming a language flamewar.  For this reason, the
decision, regardless of our leanings and interests, isn't being taken
lightly.  There's lots of time to mull over all of the issues before any
sort of development on CircleMUD 4 begins.

After all, the 3.0 family still has a future to be fulfilled.

-dak