Re: Graphical Bar Code?

From: Mathew Earle Reuther (graymere@zipcon.net)
Date: 07/26/02

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, Artovil wrote:
> Please check the FTP before sending these kind of queries.  And don't say
> you couldn't find anything.  That only means you didn't look hard
> enough.  Sift through all of the stuff in there before sending the email.

If I had decided to be satistfied with only the knowledge gleaned from the
ftp site, I would not have seen the 3 versions which were shared by
others.  Which means I would have been 3 implementations less
knowledgable.

I happen to have 90% of the snippets from the ftp site on my drive.  I
regularly look through them.  In this instance, I was not entirely
satisfied, and wished to se what others on the list had to share . . . and
my curiosity was graciously rewarded.

> Yes, this was a flame. *mumbles incoherently*

Rather silly one, and not one which bothers me a bit. *shrug*  I'll
continue to ask questions and continue to be grateful to anyone who
attempts assistance.  Because it's my view that this mailing list is for
many different things, but limiting shared knowledge is not one of them.
Hopefully one day I'll ask about something you have access to and you'll
be inclined to share more than heat. :)

To all those who took time to even think about a helpful reply, my thanks.

-Mathew