Re: [NEWBIE]timed reboot

From: The Fungi (fungi@yuggoth.org)
Date: 08/06/02

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 01:13:38AM +0200, Peter d wrote:
> I would like to know if someone knows how to make the mud reboot at a
> specific time, for example, you set it to reboot in 1 days and 3 hours(in
> real time), and let it tick down from that.. if anyone have any idea, help
> me :)

Well, a cheap, ugly hack would be to create a god character that can
reboot (or issue other commands you want performed periodically) and
call an expect script from cron that telnets to the mudport, logs
on, warns users a reboot is scheduled, waits, whatever you like,
then issues the reboot command. Not necessarily secure to have a
god's passwd imbedded in a script, but then again if they can get to
the mudfiles they can brute-force all your passwords in short order
anyway...
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); PGP(9E8DFF2E4F5995F8FEADDC5829ABF7441FB84657);
SMTP(fungi@yuggoth.org); IRC(fungi@irc.yuggoth.org#ccl); ICQ(114362511);