Re: ZDelete

From: The Fungi (fungi@yuggoth.org)
Date: 08/09/02

On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 07:31:01AM -0700, Mythran wrote:
[snip]
> I am thinking about taking on the task of OasisOLC as the (if not a)
> OFFICIAL developer for it.  I have been working 10-12 hour days at work, but
> this comes to an end (hopefully) next week, so I will have more time on it.
> And, internic (verisign) has screwed up with my domain....don't understand
> how, but one day my domain was there, and today, well...it wen't bye bye,
> not registered or anything.  Luckily I saved credit card statements :)  So
> they are streamlining getting it fixed, but until then I don't have a domain
> name for my mud :(  Anywho, if someone would be so kind as to point me to
> the details about picking up the Oasis project...I would be grateful.

If you want it, I have an OasisOLC patch I've been maintaining for
my CircleMUD CVS unofficial Debian packages. It's patching cleanly
against the most recent Circle snapshot and includes Oasis bugfixes
as I see them reported on the list. That would probably be a good
place to start:

   http://www.yuggoth.org/pub/games/src/circlemud-cvs/
   oasisolc-2.0.1.cvs2002062809.patch.gz

Also, Welcor's DG Scripts pl8 applies some updates to Oasis,
removing global arg/buf strings and whatnot. A number of these fixes
were already in my patch, but quite a few aren't yet. I have a
version of his DGS patch that merges cleanly after the above OLC
patch (in the same directory), so you might look through it and
strain out his remaining Oasis fixups.

I would personally be thrilled if someone picked up competent and
timely maintenance of Oasis. Right now merging fixes for it is
detracting from my ability to get the Debian Circle packages ready
for initial release...
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); PGP(9E8DFF2E4F5995F8FEADDC5829ABF7441FB84657);
SMTP(fungi@yuggoth.org); IRC(fungi@irc.yuggoth.org#ccl); ICQ(114362511);