Re: Planned OasisOLC Enhancements

From: Jesse Becker (hawson@temperedweaves.com)
Date: 08/13/02

On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, Mythran wrote:

> From: "Mike Stilson" <mike@VELGARIAN.SYTES.NET>
> > This snippet already exists (if not I can make one) something about
> > world.c or something, sorry, don't remember the name of the ftp file.
>
> In the config file, I am storing all values in key=value pairs.  So, how
> about strings?  Right now, the strings added are one-liners, no need for ~
> characters...but I see that the last bunch of variables are strings that
> have carriage returns in them, therefore, I will prob need some suggestions
> on this...

> I figure that, for the variable MENU and others, hardcoded would be the
> variable MENU and I can check for the ~ at the end of the line, then use
> fread_string along with sprintf to store the value in a buffer, this would,
> in turn, restore the string variable...

One thought--possibly a bad one--is to store the entire MENU varible on
one line, but use "\n" to indicate carriage returns.  You'd have to
convert back and forth when displaying and reading/writing the file, but
you could ignore multi-line parsing.

Of course, you have to parse multi-line data to read the all the data
files anyway...

--Hawson