Re: Bug in oasis

From: Mythran (kip_potter@hotmail.com)
Date: 08/19/02

> > > I do not know if this is a bug or what.. but some of my builders
> > > has crashed my mud when leaving a field blank, like desc.. <NULL>.
> > > is there a fix?
> >

> >What version you using?  Also, which fields?  I suppose I can look
through
> >them all...but if you know the exact fields, that would help me save some
> >time..
>
> I asm using bpl21 with oasis 2.0.1
> i do not know what lines in the code, but medit when i leave a description
> blank the mud crashes, the same thing goes for redit, when i leave a room
> desc blank.

Peter,

If you are running *nix and have access to the gdb command, send me the gdb
output so I can make sure I get it in the next patch release (if it is
really a stock Oasis problem).  Also, I will look into the crashes
personally tonight.  Of course, some of use have gotten a life and work (not
really, just my excuse) and aren't able to mud all of the time (once again,
not really, I mud at work too).  Anywho, let me know what operating system
you use and if you have gdb.  If you do, I can send you the commands to
print what I need for you to copy and paste back to me.

Mythran - OasisOLC?? What's that?