Re: file 'modified' dates [NEWBIE?]

From: Geoff Davis (darwin@telocity.com)
Date: 08/28/02

[-snip-]
> answer for me. I want to check all the files in a particular
> folder (Linux server) and read their 'last modified' dates.
> I know that Linux tells you, I'm sure that any decent OS would,
> but I don't know if there is a library function that does this
> already. If not, could someone tell me how to go about doing
> this myself?
[-snip-]

I believe the function you're looking for is called stat().  The man
page for it should provide all the information you need on its usage.
CircleMUD uses it in at least one or two places, I think.  If you
need further assistance with it, email me off the list and I'll try to
help out.

-Geoff