Re: file 'modified' dates [NEWBIE?]

From: Shane P. Lee (tacodog21@yahoo.com)
Date: 08/28/02

> This isn't a C question, this is a linux question.

Actually, I considered it a C question because I was looking
for a library function. Geoff's prompt reply helped me to find
the place in act.other.c where stat is used, I then searched the
MSVC docs and found stat.h, a quick perusal was all I needed.

> ANSI C doesn't provide a function to do this: the functions i'm
> going to describe are available on a system that has POSIX
> or BSD4.3 functions available.

Okay, now I'm confused. Is stat() not an ANSI C function?!?

And thanks for your examples, not exactly what I had in mind myself
but maybe they will come in handy later. I'm a pack-rat when it
comes to handy-dandy functions, something that's saved my bacon
more than once :-)

-FIRE

http://finance.yahoo.com