Re: bzero

From: Edward J Glamkowski (eglamkowski@angelfire.com)
Date: 09/03/02

ANYWAY, back to the CircleMUD issue: Is there a particular reason
>I haven't seen it used in stock circle? Could there be some monster
>waiting in the background ready to eat my function because I used
>bzero? Is there some sort of memory issue at stake? Because bzero
>seems to be very memory-friendly. The array still exists in it's
>original shape, it's just empty and waiting for new input.

bzero used to be used by CircleMUD, but was removed.
In the ChangeLog, we see:

"Also removed some old bzero() calls that were still lurking from the
old days (modern SYSV systems don't like bzero() at all.)"

Sign up today at http://mail.lycos.com