Re: Spell parser toy language Mobprogs/DGScripts/?

From: Mike Stilson (mike@velgarian.sytes.net)
Date: 09/05/02

On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 12:41:10PM +0200, Artovil wrote:
>Hello there,
>
>I am running a CircleMUD 3.0 bpl20 with DG Scripts and DG Events.  We are currently in the process of redoing spells from the ground and up, except for a few stock spell routines.  Early along I had the idea that we should use some kind of toy language for spells since I have implemented the rudimentary foundation of a spell editor.  Has anybody done anything similar to this?  If so, do you have any code I can take a look at, or perhaps even reuse?

(Can we please try to wrap at 72 columns?)

I can let you see some of the load/save/parse routines I use for mine.
They'll need tweaking, of course.

(It's before work... I'll send 'em off the list after I get home... if I
forget, drop me a note).  Actually I think I still have some standalone
stuff I wrote to test it out on the stock spells.

>Please, help me out, since I am a little bit miffed here.  Any help appreciated.  Preferably with direct code examples and/or solutions that could work with DG Scripts or with another toy language that I can implement with my limited knowledge.  This means: do not tell me to write a Python parser all on my own from scratch, since that's a wee bit over my level.  I am sure that I could patch one in and make it work if I had a patch or a file that someone else wrote, but to do it myself is both too time consuming and difficult, then I'd rather chose the DG Scripts and the implications they bring. :)

Well that's gonna be a problem.  Mine uses a custom language (patterned
on python, but it's original) and because of the implementation, is,
well shall we say, VERY site-specific, but I guess I could help out with
the implementation of it.

-me