Re: Planned OasisOLC Enhancements

From: The Fungi (fungi@yuggoth.org)
Date: 09/13/02

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 10:51:57AM -0700, Mythran wrote:
> Well, what I have done thus far is made a few new structs in
> oasis.h.  These structures now hold all of the game configuration
> data.  Since these structs hold the new data, the variables in
> config.c are no longer used....of course, I could eventually add
> an #if statement so if the admin want to use CEDIT or not.  CEDIT
> is the game command for the configuration.

The contents of config.c should simply become default values. That
way you can still change the game config through the preprocessor
constants in config.c (and a recompile) if you choose not to use the
cedit interface. This will also make it backward-compatable for imps
who have already configured their MUDs and are merely upgrading.
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); PGP(9E8DFF2E4F5995F8FEADDC5829ABF7441FB84657);
SMTP(fungi@yuggoth.org); IRC(fungi@irc.yuggoth.org#ccl); ICQ(114362511);