Re: Planned OasisOLC Enhancements

From: Torgny Bjers (artovil@arcanerealms.org)
Date: 09/13/02

On 02-09-14 02.47, "Mike Stilson" <mike@VELGARIAN.SYTES.NET> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 07:13:31PM +0200, Torgny Bjers wrote:
>> Damn shame that I have everything in SQL, but I have this working, so I can
>> reload the configuration if I edit it from the outside (which I do through
>> the web in our administration interface).
>
> I assume you have the code to automatically recognize when you've added
> a new option in the mud to create a new column in the config table?

No, I have not, mine is actually quite basic.  The options are numbered in
the table and then it just fetches the values and matches them against a
switch. :)  I am sure that I could expand on this, but I seldom add new
config values, and if I do, this is fairly simple anyway.

I actually do not have any saving of vars from inside the mud, right now it
just reads the vars in from SQL.  But I think that it's due for a little
update and an addition of a command to set the vars as well.  I don't want
an entire OLC editor for that, when all it does is set one value.  Sheesh.
Of course, you could go all out and get totally crazy with this stuff,
adding arrays and the likes as well, but I think I will keep mine simple for
the time being.

Having it save down the new var automatically is a piece of cake, really.
All I need is a REPLACE INTO query.

Regards,
/Torgny