Re: [SYSTEM-LINUX] Compiler obj files.

From: Mike Stilson (mike@velgarian.sytes.net)
Date: 09/15/02

On Sat, Sep 14, 2002 at 11:13:26AM +0200, Torgny Bjers wrote:
>On 02-09-14 06.36, "Justin Adler" <spam@WORLD-DOMINATION.COM.AU> wrote:
>
>> Hello Circlemud guru's.
>>
>>  Is there any possible way to modify the stock circlemud MAKEFILE, so
>> all the obj files are NOT created in the ../circle/src directory, but
>> maybe into ../circle/bin/obj  or somewhere else? and when it makes the
>> executable, it already ~knows~ where all the .obj files are?
>>
>>  Thanks in advance to any help.
>
>Well, here's what you COULD do:

Only one problem with this (in 2 places):

the $(wildcard) grabs ALL the files.  If you have some half-done stuff
in the directory, or some files you don't want to use in that version,
it'll happily grab them too.  Fine for a release version of a program
but IMHO it's not too great for a development version.  Better to just
have a list of the ones you want in.

>Open up your Makefile.in

>LIBS = @LIBS@ @CRYPTLIB@ @NETLIB@
>+ # Source files
>+ SRC_FILES := $(wildcard *.c)
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>+ # Include files
>+ INC_FILES := $(wildcard h/*.h)
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>Uhm... :) Have fun.  If anybody found this extremely retarded and
>cumbersome, please, enlighten us, since I don't know Jack sh*t about
>Makefile and Jack just left town.  I just winged it.

Nah, on the right track.

Personally, I liked having the .h files in their own subdir too.  (90%
out of laziness.. no need to even type the .h or .c with tab completion
;-)

Anyone who's real interested, let me know and I'll just send ya my whole
makefile off the list (It's, umm.. big).

>Regards,
>/Torgny

-me