Re: Even more dynamic spec procs?

From: Mathew Earle Reuther (graymere@zipcon.net)
Date: 09/20/02

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, Mike Stilson wrote:
> The client portion is pretty small (40 lines of code in 2 functions and
> a new structure), called once a minute from heartbeat().

Sounds simple to implement.

> It opens up a persistent udp connection, and sends one small packet
> built on the fly.

No large bandwidth usage, yes?  And no security issues I'd assume?

> Just wondered if there's any interest in this.

If this is something used by other muds, I'd certainly place it on mine
once I'm in production. :)  (Which, according to the latest chickens I
have my spiritual advisor slaughter will be sometime in 2005.)

-Mathew