Re: Mobact.c

From: Torgny Bjers (artovil@arcanerealms.org)
Date: 10/05/02

On 02-10-05 04.37, "Sam Moggach" <micken69@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:

> Why is it that patches never work?

Rhetorical question, but I'll bite.  They don't work because you already
patches something else in, and by doing so you altered the code and the line
numbers that the patch searches for.  Simple as that.  You get .rej files
when you patch, just open those up and put in the stuff that didn't go
through in the patch.  Simple as pie.  Or handpatch, which is what I always
do, even with the CircleMUD bpl patches.  You might actually learn something
that way too, and that's not bad.

> after patching in dg scripts everything compiles well, except now i've got a
> whole bunch of non-existant mobs... And all these mobs calling non-existant
> special procedures. So do you think i should remove special procedures from
> my code completely? it seems to be the cause of all this.

How can you have non-existant mobs that call non-existant specprocs?  Think
long and hard about that.  I'll give you a day or so to think about it.

If you on the other hand have -existing- mobs that call non-existant
specprocs, then I suppose you can either remove the specproc assignment from
that mob, or maybe you're running the mud in mini mode (-m)?

Regards,
/Torgny