Re: Updated configure.in, aclocal.m4, acconfig.c?

From: Torgny Bjers (artovil@arcanerealms.org)
Date: 10/06/02

On 02-10-06 11.20, "Daniel A. Koepke" <dkoepke@CIRCLEMUD.ORG> wrote:

> On Sun, 6 Oct 2002, Torgny Bjers wrote:
>
>> Then why doesn't it turn on the NEED_STRLCPY_PROTO define?  If
>> everything was in those files, it should alter that line in conf.h.in,
>> but it doesn't.
>
> This is rather difficult to diagnose working on just the symptom that
> NEED_STRLCPY_PROTO doesn't become defined.  What version of autoconf are
> you using?  Are you sure that all of your cnf/ files, conf.h.in, and
> sysdep.h are current?
>
> I'm able to generate the files fine from bpl21 with Autoconf 2.13:
>
> % (cd cnf; autoconf -o ../configure)

Yes, although I type --output=../configure, which doesn't make a lick of a
difference, since the file's saved.  I have have autoconf 2.50, so that
shouldn't be the problem.

> If your version of autoconf does not have the -o option, ensure that
> you're copying the generated cnf/configure file over the top-level, old
> configure file.  Also, you may want to remove config.* from your top-level
> directory before re-running configure.

Already done all of that. Including removal of conf.h.

> If you're absolutely certain that you're doing everything right and you've
> got a recent version of Autoconf, then package together your cnf/,
> conf.h.in, and sysdep.h files, send them to me and I'll check them out.

The configure that comes with bpl22 reports that strlcpy is NOT proto'd, but
the autogenerated file from my cnf/ reports that it indeed IS prototyped,
obviously since there's code missing for those checks in the input files for
autoconf.

There are NO differences in the files. *sobs* Well, except for some checks
for MySQL, but those should not be the cause of this, I don't think...

I'll tar my cnf/ and sysdep.h and conf.h.in files up for you and email them
to you off list.

Regards,
/Torgny