Re: backdoor question

From: Alysia (alysia@speedconnect.com)
Date: 10/29/02

Thank you (everyone who replied) for sharing your knowledge.
I am lucky enough to have this hosted somewhere else and the account has
been deleted and re-made all passwords have been changed, we are still checking code and found a few things so far. I have already delt with him changing the password to ssh and ftp and deleting the game. I guess the guy forgot to think about backup, the mud was only down for an hour.
The systems admin for this hosting company is well aware of the issue and watching closely, actually he was quite the trooper through all of this and took action very quickly to get everything back to normal, restoring the code from 24 hours previous. What is irking me while I go line by line through the code adding in new things at the same time looking for shady code, is if he really had time to code in some sophisticated back door why would he delete the code ?

apex.lazernet.com 6969