[CVS] Hellish problems.

From: Jeremy M. (jkm4802@hotmail.com)
Date: 10/29/02

Ok, here's what's going on...

In the main mud account, I have a configured, and completely compiled (with
no errors) mud source in the src/ directory. For some odd reason however,
when I put the src directory under CVS control, I'm suddenly getting
compiler errors on alternate accounts in the cvs group, after what appears
to be a successful cvs checkout. I should also note here, that the cvs
repository seems to be missing the Makefiles. Let me show you all, step by
step, what I have been doing.

1st - in the home directory of the mud account, I create the .cvsroot
directory, then I go into the .cvsroot directory and create the CVSROOT
directory.

2nd - I cd out to the home/mudaccount/ then cd into the mud/src directory
and type:

cvs import -m "Tsod mud added to repository" src mud start

It then whirs and does it's little song and dance before letting me know
there were no conflicts. Woo, all is going great!

3rd - I log into my development account which is a part of the group, and I
remove the src/ directory from the mud account in that user directory. Then
I do a:

cvs checkout src

Again, it whirs, and things go in just fine. Except, no Makefile! So, I am
forced to swiftly configure, edit the Makefile and compile the mud. No
problems, all is well. Suddenly, I get an error in the compile. Here's the
error:

showplay.c:62: `racename' undeclared (first use in this function)
showplay.c:62: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
showplay.c:62: for each function it appears in.)
make[2]: *** [../../bin/showplay] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/riodan/mud/src/util'
make[1]: *** [utils] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/riodan/mud/src'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I've been at this for nearly 13 hours now, unsuccessful in every attempt,
anyone have a clue as to what this bugger is doing or what I'm doing wrong?

Riodan aka Jeremy M.