Re: [OasisOLC] Yes Yes, almost done

From: Mythran (kip_potter@hotmail.com)
Date: 11/06/02

> On 02-11-06 19.11, "Mythran" <kip_potter@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:
>
> > Ack!  I forgot buildwalk!!!  Hmm, I wonder if dig still works..lol
>
> Mythran, you need not take offense, this is a flame to Welcor.  Just because
> I love him so much.  A small question, why are buildwalk and the liblist
> commands included in the DG Scripts pl8 patch?  Shouldn't that really have
> went in the OasisOLC patch?  Gooberhead.
>
> ObCircle: I personally do not think that buildwalk should be included in
> neither OasisOLC or DG Scripts, since the patch itself is easy to put in,
> and it modifies code that people might not want modified, such as the
> do_simple_move and other parts I assume.
>
> Regards,
> /Torgny

Simply put...."tough"...jk..heh.

Ok, EVENTUALLY, all of OasisOLC will be modularized and changeable via a web
browser....(maybe???)  You just go down the list of modules you want installed
for OasisOLC when you patch and wala, those items are enabled while everything
else in the list is not.  So, things like buildwalk will only be available on
muds where the admin enable it.

Since OasisOLC is going modularized, things like buildwalk can go in easily and
won't change the way the code is working unless it is enabled.  Basic OasisOLC
commands will be enabled by default, but can be disabled by the admin (redit,
zedit, et cetera).

Let me know what you think...

Mythran