Re: [BUG] Usurped by Players

From: Jeremy M. (jkm4802@hotmail.com)
Date: 12/07/02

>--- "Jeremy M." <jkm4802@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote:
> > Don't know if anyone else is experiencing this bug
> > or did in the past, but
> > for some odd reason, once in a great while a player
> > logs in and usurps my
> > Implementor character. Not the character itself mind
> > you, but it steals my
> > connection from me (so to speak). I spoke with a
> > fellow Implementor and she
> > also experiences this problem, any ideas what it may
> > be or if there is a fix
> > out there for it?
>
>I haven't done anything with Circle from BPL17,
>but sounds like some players have you same ID number.
>You runing ascii pfiles? You might have installed
>them wrong.  I had this problem once and I screwed
>up a line of code and I got usurped everytime someone
>made a char.

Actually, it doesn't happen every time, just once in a blue moon, which
leads me to believe it's not a bug with the actual installation of Ascii
pfiles. I could be mistaken, but I've combed through the code about a
billion times looking to see what was wrong and each time I end up closing
the window and going to get a stiff drink and a smoke. :P
I also noted that if your idle it occurs more frequently or so it seems, so
if I'm sitting there idling and haven't been active for an extended amount
of time, boomage, I get dropped from the mud and someone takes over my
socket.  Very strange indeed.