Re: EasyColor 2.2 and CircleMUD 3.1

From: Vladimir Romanov (rovlad@ipbi.ru)
Date: 12/13/02

Hello there, Marcel!

MH> it looks like you have already some experiences with easy color.
MH> My question to you: How do you prevent that normal mortals use this color?

That's the very problem I'm currently trying to resolve. For a
somewhat (ok, very) rough solution, you could simply prohibit using
the color code character ('&' in stock EC) in acts/says/emotes/etc.

Put something like this somewhere in these functions:

  if (strchr(argument, '&') && (GET_LEVEL(ch) < LVL_IMMORT))
  {
    send_to_char(ch, "Please do not use any special characters!\r\n");
    return;
  }

There should be a way to simply strip the amperstand from the string,
any hot red tips here?

I would also love to hear if there is a way to put &n in the end of
the parse_color output. I asked that before, but nobody answered.

--
With best regards,
Vladimir "Rovlad" Romanov

Winds of Azeroth MUD :: Lead Developer