Re: EasyColor 2.2 and CircleMUD 3.1

From: Mike Stilson (mike@velgarian.sytes.net)
Date: 12/13/02

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 08:59:13PM +0300, Vladimir Romanov wrote:
>Hello there, Marcel!
>Friday, December 13, 2002, 8:14:34 PM, you wrote:
>MH> it looks like you have already some experiences with easy color.
>MH> My question to you: How do you prevent that normal mortals use this color?
>
>That's the very problem I'm currently trying to resolve. For a
>somewhat (ok, very) rough solution, you could simply prohibit using
>the color code character ('&' in stock EC) in acts/says/emotes/etc.
>
>Put something like this somewhere in these functions:
>
>  if (strchr(argument, '&') && (GET_LEVEL(ch) < LVL_IMMORT))
>  {
>    send_to_char(ch, "Please do not use any special characters!\r\n");
>    return;
>  }
>
>There should be a way to simply strip the amperstand from the string,
>any hot red tips here?

Although I never had a problem with morts using color (I tend to be
nasty when they let them bleed, so that problem ends quickly) here's an
idea..

Just modify process_input (I'm looking at something around bpl15 here,
might've moved) to handle your color prefix (& in stock EC) just like it
does with $.

Another li'l function called AFTER proc_color could be like
"smash_color_thingie()" and do the same as delete_doubledollar().

Just a thought.  I've never tried this.

>I would also love to hear if there is a way to put &n in the end of
>the parse_color output. I asked that before, but nobody answered.

Huh?
I've modified mine to stack colors (so &n's just back out to the
previous color rather than turn them straight normal.  I should post
this part as a patch or snippet)  but unless I changed this part without
remembering it, proc_color() has a line like out_buf[p]='\0'.

before that, just add "strcat(out_buf, CNRM);"

There's a good chance this won't do what you want, but it'll do what you
asked.

>With best regards,
>Vladimir "Rovlad" Romanov

enjoy