Re: NEWBIE: trouble with getting autorun to work

From: Mike Stilson (mike@velgarian.sytes.net)
Date: 12/14/02

On Sun, Dec 15, 2002 at 01:30:20PM +1100, Ross Phillips wrote:
>Hi,

'lo

>Then I back to circle's root dir, I type ./autorun &  and it returns
>
>: bad interpreter: No such file or directoryrun: /bin/sh

Well, what that's telling you (which at least to me is incredibly odd)
is that you don't have /bin/sh.  Now that really doesn't make sense, but
you should make sure you have that, or that at least it's a symlink to,
say, /bin/bash or whatever shell you're using.

>The mud will run if I type bin/circle but it shuts down as soon as I log out
>of my shell.

that can be gotten around by:
nohup bin/circle &

all the mud's output will be in nohup.out

-me