Re: [debug] Strange gdb Error

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@imaxx.net)
Date: 12/17/02

> been using gdb to track down some crashing random
> errors and come across this one.
> I have not used gdb that much b4 and was wondering
> if you could point me on the right direction.
>
> Program received signal SIGINT, Interrupt.
> 0x40139b8e in __select () at __select:-1
> -1 __select: No such file or directory.
> in __select

        A SIGINT usually means that someone ran the program manually, and
hit 'control-c' or the like to terminate the program manually.  This can
also be caused by things like logging out of the shell that 'owns' the
process, among others.  How you deal with that is dependant upon your OS.
You could search for 'nohup' on the list archives though, to get you
started.

                                                PjD