Re: [CODE] Patrick Dughi's DBS in VC6

From: Ronald Fenner (abbadon@mac.com)
Date: 12/19/02

On Thursday, December 19, 2002, at 03:32  PM, Vladimir Romanov wrote:

> Hello there, ladies and gentlemen.
>
>   I have a little problem with the snippet stated in the subject,
>   which can be found here:
>
> http://www.circlemud.org/pub/CircleMUD/contrib/code/utils/board-
> 2.3.patch.gz
>   I've handpatched it into my 3.1 codebase, and the only problem I
>   have with it is boards.c file which has an include of <dirent.h>.
>   It simply doesn't exist in VC6, and while I know it handles
>   directory structures, I can't seem to find a replacement for it
>   within VC6. Is there any at all, or how should I manage without it?
>   Thanks in advance.

in pat's patch dirent was used to acquire the filenames for the boards
as they were stored with different vnums than the actual object they
went with. A solution to removing dirent from the code is to use the
actual vnum of the object for the board. also you may need code that
finds the boards that are loaded and loads the file associated with it.

Ron