Re: [OasisOLC] Addition For 2.3

From: Greg Buxton (gbuxton@maple.he.net)
Date: 01/15/03

> What happens if I don't know I am using a really dumb terminal and hit y
at
> that prompt, or have it turned on?

Someone looks at you and says, "What did you do, Ray?"

That's something that would really depend on the editor and how it works,
and
isn't something that could accuratly be answered without seeing it.  Does it
use ANSI movement escape codes to do the character placement, or does it to
a safer (yet extremely higherbandwidth using) method of redrawing the screen
by clearing it and then drawing in the new version of the screen.

The one large concern I have with this unknown "enhanced editor" is that to
be like any real text editor (in any OS) it would have to be character
based,
yet by nature muds are line based.

It's one of those things that, yes, if it could be done properly it would be
nice, but then the existing editors are here, and they work.

(And for the record, yes, I was trying to be humorous with my response of
 "Do you wish to use the enhanced editor."  Under the irony of "Ask a silly
 question..." and all that.  Of course, the fact remains that's probably the
 simplest of methods of doing it.  But hey, that's just my opinion... (hears
 a faint voice echo '... but I could be wrong.')

- Greg
Shadows of Amber