Re: [CODE] spells

From: Adam Scriven (scriven@lore.com)
Date: 01/22/03

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 03:47:35PM -0600, Bill Pascoe wrote:
>         I also have a question to the circle great ones... Does to many editor
> cheese out a mud in other words makes it to cookie cutter or is it a useful
> thing to newb coders such as myself.

Well, I'm not a great one by anyone's measure, but I wonder how an editor can
make a mud too cookie cutter?  Doesn't an editor give more freedom to those
building the MUD, to flex their imaginations and do what they wish?

This brings up a question I've had for a while... would it be possible to
remove some of the compiling/coding, and start to move things to external
configuration files, that perhaps can be changed and updated (with some
exceptions I'm sure) with a command in the MUD?  I'm thinking about things like
skills, spells, body locations, exits... things that are frequently changed.

Curious.
Adam