Re: [newbie] syserr

From: Daniel A. Koepke (dkoepke@circlemud.org)
Date: 01/22/03

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Adam Scriven wrote:

> Just out of curiousity, what is the small bug that seems to allow
> zoneless rooms?

A single room may lie between any two zones without being detected.  The
loader simply increments the zone real number until it finds the next zone
whose upperbound is greater than the current virtual number (or reports an
error if the virtual number was above all zones). The lowerbound is never
checked after that increment, so the room we're loading may well fall
below the lowerbound *and* upperbound without ever being detected.

There may be other cases where zoneless rooms sneak through; I haven't
really given it much thought.  The good news is that these quirks are
usually avoided by good habits.  (Not to mention that it won't be an issue
at all in 3.2.)

-dak