Re: [Code][DG] RandNum bug?

From: Jeremy Maloney (riodan@cyberspace.org)
Date: 01/27/03

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Thomas Arp wrote:
> From: "Jeremy Maloney" <riodan@CYBERSPACE.ORG>
> > I'm running:
> >
> > OasisOLC, version 2.0
> > CircleMUD, version 3.00 beta patchlevel 17
> > DG Scripts Version 0.99 Patch Level 7 (12/98)
> >
> > And I'm having problems getting the Random type scripts to
> > actually work. Here's my testing script:
> >
> > Trigger Intended Assignment: Mobiles
> > Trigger Type: Random , Numeric Arg: 100, Arg list: None
> <snip>
> >
> > If anyone knows what's wrong, lemme know, this seems to be a common bug on
> > stock releases of DGS because I know of two other muds with the same
> > problems.
>
> Try testing it with a mortal. Dg scripts (up to pl 8) will not aknowledge
> your presence in a zone if you're immortal or above. Thus random triggers
> will not fire. Or make the trigger both GLOBAL and RANDOM, if you don't
> care about the added overhead.
>
> btw - as of pl 9 (which as I stated earlier will be out after the new olc
> is out) nohassle will decide if you're 'in the zone'.

Welp, tried that as well, still no dice.. Apparently the script is working
tho, which means its gotta be an internal problem.. I don't really want to
go the GLOBAL route, it defeats the idea of using Random if I do that..
Apparantly several muds with this dg release have this problem.. I suppose
we're just gonna have to fix it, or hope someone else already has.

Jeremy M.