[CODE] Memory and Shared String Management

From: xeon (xeon@austin.rr.com)
Date: 04/12/03

Hi everyone,
    I'm new to the list. I was wondering if anyone could explain to me
how memory management works in Circle? I know its not just simple
malloc's and free's, it almost looks like it recycles memory with lists
off all the ``freed" things and just reuses them whenever it needs a new
one. If this is in fact how Circle does it, then can someone tell me
more in-depth how it works? Also, could someone explain to me how a
shared string manager works and how Circle's shared string manager works
specifically? I heard it just keep a string in memory and reuses it in
several instances.

Thanks,
Devin Torres (a.k.a, Xeon)