Re: [NEWBIE] Cygwin ./configure error...

From: Thomas Arp (t_arp@stofanet.dk)
Date: 04/24/03

From: "Alex" <sombralobo13@yahoo.com>
> If anyone could help me, I would really appreciate it.
>  If cygwin is not worth it, I was thinking about
> getting Microsoft Visual Studio .NET... does anyone
> know if circlemud will compile correctly on this?

Cygwin is worth it. Definately. And it's becoming better and more
advanced all the time, too.

To get this to work, you need to make sure you install gcc, which
the cygwin installer won't do automatically. Depending on what you
wish to use later on, the cygwin installer can help you install
perl, python, postgresql and other tools. What you need to get
started, is gcc, make, patch and diff. Find these in the cygwin
install program and click on the 'twin arrows' until a version
number appears. This will download and install the packages.

Welcor