map command problems (with poorly designed zones)

From: christopher j bottaro (cjb@cs.utexas.edu)
Date: 05/30/03

hello,
i just implemented a map command which displays to the player a little ascii
art map of the zone he/she is in.  the problem is there are zones where going
east, south, west, north will take you to a different room than where you
started.  this really messes up my map code.  it makes my map show exits
where there are really none and vice versa.  i makes sense that going in a
full circle like that (west, south, east, north) should take you back to your
point of origin, right?

are there any obvious solutions i'm not thinking about or is the obvious
solution to have builders be aware of designing a zone that "makes sense"?

thank you,
-- christopher