scan command...

JMPST33@vms.cis.pitt.edu
Date: 03/16/94

Hey, I've been working on a scan command given to me by an old obsolete
mud.  I was able to fix alot of the errors and variables, except one
which crashes the mud.  Could you all take a look and maybe give me a hint or
two on how to fix this pointer.

Here's a sample of the code:

 sprintf(buf, "$n scans around intently.");
  current_room = real_room(ch->in_room);
  act(buf, TRUE, ch, 0, 0, TO_ROOM);
  buf[0] = '\0';

  switch(*type) {
  case 'o': case 'O': case 'i': case 'I':
    send_to_char("You scan around and find the items around are-\n\r\n\r",ch);
    for (j = current_room->contents; j; j = j->next_content) {
      if (CAN_SEE_OBJ(ch, j)) {
        if (*name)
          if (isname(name, j->name))
            sprintf(buf+strlen(buf), "%33s - Right of Here\n\r",
                    j->short_description);

ok...obviously the error is on that current_room pointer
this is the error message i get when i try to compile
act.other.c: In function `do_scan':
act.other.c:1024: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast

well thats it...if you have any clue let me know and thanks in advance

                                  Joey***Father of Sherwood