Re: Cannot create new players

From: VampLestat (vamp@csulb.edu)
Date: 04/04/94

I got the following message mailed to me, though I thought it should be
posted to the Circlemud mailing list.  I just keep the FAQ, I dont write
circle mud.  :)

On Mon, 4 Apr 1994, Michael B. Gilliam wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Oki, I am running a CircleMud obviously.  But for some reason, anytime
> a new players tries to log into it, it says invalid name, but if a player
> hat already exist enters, there is no prob.  Any guesses to why?  The
> game is NOT wizlocked, so that is not it.
>
> Thanks in advance

My first guess would be to check write permissions on the player files or
the player file directory.  Make sure they have permission to write there.

_O_ Ryan L. Watkins                   e-mail: vamp@csulb.edu