last_direction byte

From: Steppin' Razor (grruffin@midway.uchicago.edu)
Date: 06/30/94

Thanks everybody for yer tips on the playerfile corruption. I guess the
big DO NOT CHANGE was a little hard to miss... oops. And it's possible
that the last_direction byte that ALREADY existed in NPCs made what I
was trying to do redundant, since I didn't really want it on PCs anyways.
But I do have a question about the last_direction byte: does the game
constantly update that byte? The only thing grep turns up is some
references in mobact.c, which I guess means that it updates when the mob
spontaneously wanders, BUT does it also update when a charmed mob is
ordered to move for instance?
Or am I gonna have to add that into act.movement.c?
Thanks for any tips,
Nino