SKills and so!!(again)

From: Ake Jonsson (sv0akejo@ida.his.se)
Date: 08/05/94

You wrote:

> I'm not trying to sounds eliteist, but you really should learn to code
> first before trying to implement a mud.  While many people have certainly
> learned how to program because of their desire to implement a mud, its
> rather disconcerting seeing people just asking for a simple "step by
> step - how to add a new skill".  Next thing its gonna be the "Big Dummies
> Guide to Implementing your own DIKU?"

Why not "Big Dummies Guide to Read Mail When Awake" ;)

> Pick up a good book on C and start reading and writing code.  Delve into
> the mud code yourself and tweak things, play with it, recompile, watch it
> crash horribly and then try again, but please dont ask people to do it all
> for you, or give you the simple 7 step guide.
>
> _O_ Ryan L. Watkins                   e-mail: vamp@csulb.edu
>  |  Academic Computing Services       url   : http://www.acs.csulb.edu/~vamp/
>  |  CSU Long Beach - Network Support  pgpkey: finger vamp@gothic.acs.csulb.edu
>     Darkside Consulting   -   Unix  /  Windows  /  Mac  /  Internet  /  Design

What I ment was not "Send me some code, guys".

I was asking for guidelines in what I should do when adding a new
feature. :)

It could look like this:

"First U do this"
"and then U do this"
"but watch this and look out for this"

Do you get the idea??

I dont ask for complete code examples, what I asked for is some hints
in finding the right places to add my code. Circle is'nt just 1000 lines
ya' now :)

Mvh AkeJo

--

 			      (o o)