Re: searching rent files

From: Matt Read (mjr@doc.ic.ac.uk)
Date: 09/10/94

Mr. Wizard wrote:

> I know that you mentioned you didn't want to slow down the release of
> Circle 3.0, but if these changes are fairly small, and wouldn't take more
> than a few minutes to put in.....   Well, maybe it would be worth
> considering adding them to the 3.0 version of the source.  I don't think
> anyone would argue that the changes aren't a plus!

As far as I can see, the only changes to the source that need to be made are:

	pasting the new function into db.c
	adding a line to call the function in db.c
	adding 2 lines in objsave.c to stop the number changing  when people
	  unrent and rent

However, the zone files do need a lot more work as obviously a limit of 1
which is the common limit for most good eq would mean that only 1 character
could ever have these items. Most values would need to be changed to at least
5 or 10, depending on how many players you expect to have.
I doubt therefore that Jeremy/Danny would be willing to add all this to what
I assume is almost 'ready-to-release' code.

		Free.