Re: Death Traps, Your Opinions?

From: VampLestat (vamp@csulb.edu)
Date: 10/05/94

On Wed, 5 Oct 1994, Jeffrey Daro wrote:

> Recently the death trap in arachnos has claimd a feew players
> lives.  They got upset because although their eq was there, they couldn't
> get it.  I am desperaty trying to remember what I did when I hit a death
> trap years ago?

Start over again.  Normally you can get some decent stuff yourself, and
then I normally would talk to some friends of higher level, explain the
situation, and they would help me re-obtain the eq over again.  If
however, you are career 30th level char, I'd say your SOL for getting eq
back.

> What are your opinions on the usefullness of death traps?

Personally I dislike them, so I dont write them into new areas, but I also
keep the old ones in.  I guess I'm a sucker for the "old ways".  They
server their purpose in re-cycling eq if there isnt a system to wear out
eq.

I'd also suggest that DT's be linked to the Dump, so the eq can reset,
and there isnt the temptation for Immorts to steal items from DTs and
return it to their friends.

Ryan L. Watkins                             e-mail: vamp@csulb.edu
System Administrator                        url   : http://www.csulb.edu/~vamp/
Academic Computing Services, CSU Long Beach pgpkey: finger vamp@beach.csulb.edu
Darkside Consulting        -   Unix  /  Windows  /  Mac  /  Internet  /  Design