Re: Adding spells...

From: Skylar (skylar@acy.digex.net)
Date: 01/20/95

On Thu, 19 Jan 1995, Ake Jonsson wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I have a small problem with the spells in circle 2.2..
>
> I have tried to add a new spell but it seems like I am missing something.
> Here is what I do:
>
> I put ASPELL(channel) and ACAST(channel) in magic.c and spells2.c
>
> In spells.h I add
>
>    /* END OF SKILL RESERVED "NO TOUCH" NUMBERS */
>
>    #define SPELL_CHANNEL                53 /* Added 170195 DC */
>

> I add a SPELLO in spell_parser.c

The only circle 2.2 I have handy is the Amiga version, so I'm not 100%
possitive about this, but I think you're forgetting to add an entry in
spell_parser.c under *spells[] =  So that people will be able to both
cast and practice it.
BTW, you might want to consider moving to circle 3.0b, its quite a bit
more versatile, and the new magic system has a lot of promise...

	-Sky