Re: A crash bug and 2 questions

From: Carter T. Shock (ctso@umiacs.UMD.EDU)
Date: 02/09/95

Even easier way, and a bit more flexible...

Put the test for pking in spells1<2>.c.
Every ACAST (or ASPELL, I forget...) has a case statement
for the type of spell. Under SPELL_TYPE_SPELL you put the
check for both ch and vict !IS_NPC, under scrolls there would be
no check, and under staffs and wands you could vary by spell...

Unfortunately, the code is a little scattered because possible targets
are listed in the SPELLO macros, so you have to keep referring back.

Finally, any area spells need to have special code in magic.c that,
depending on whether or not pking is allowed, select victims
for the spell (spells like earthquake, deathfog, etc.)

I bit more work here, but avoids confucion later :)
	-Todd