Re: Circle: Important: Should Circle switch to ASCII playerfiles?

From: Chris A. Epler (cepler@cisco-slip53.acc.Virginia.EDU)
Date: 04/23/95

On Mon, 24 Apr 1995, Jeremy Elson wrote:

> Comments are welcome.  I haven't come to a firm decision on this yet, and
> although I'm heavily inclined to make the switch, I'd be willing to stay
> with binary if there's serious opposition.

Jeremy,

One of the things I liked about Merc systems was the ability to easily go
in and edit the player files w/o having to be online or use any kind of
external editor.  It's very nice.  An option to the disk space problem is
the possibility of using something like gzip/compress to compress the
TEXT files and decompress them when the player logs in.  This should, of
course, be an option in config.c.

> Serious comments only please.  All flames will be happily ignored.

No flames here, just a nice big green light. :)

[ Chris A. Epler <cepler@ucsee.eecs.berkeley.edu>                     ]
[ PGP key available, finger cepler@ucsee.eecs.berkeley.edu            ]
[ Key fingerprint: F1 B0 F4 53 33 7C B8 5D  95 6A 01 7F E3 F1 07 85   ]