Circle 2.2 on IRIX 5.3

From: Dennis R. Haag (HAAGD@chemistry.byu.edu)
Date: 05/17/95

I was recently force to move my mud from a NeXT to an
SGI running IRIX 5.3. When I try to compile it, I get
errors about reset_q being multiply defined. It says the
original definition is in comm.o, this occurs in every
*.o file and the linking aborts because of too many errors.
I also downloaded a fresh copy from jhu and I get the same
results. Circle 3.0 compiles cleanly without any trouble, but
I would like to have my old mud up while I move my changes
to the 3.0 code. Which also brings up the question of the
next release (patchlevel). Is there another update due out
in the next month? I don't mean to push, just curious.

Any help appreciated.

Dennis_Haag@byu.edu

PS: I tried with and without the SVR4 options in the makefile.

 Dennis R. Haag
 CSR, Chemistry
 Brigham Young Univ.
 (801) 378-4108